Saturday, July 7, 2012

Here We Go!

I started following a group of ladies that started a website called Shereadstruth.com and let me tell you it has been a blessing! They pick different plans on the You Version bible app, for iPhone and Android, to do daily devotionals. The app is completely free and there are also daily verses and you can also use it as your Bible on the go. They have a lot of different translations you can pick from too. We are currently on Day 17 of Living the Surrendered Life by Cindy Beall and it's a 21 day plan. I want to share from today's devotional because it really spoke to my heart today.


It comes from Joshua 6:2-5


This is the story about the Fall of Jericho. Cindy talks about what the Israelites must have felt like while they were walking around the wall for seven days. How they were probably wondering if Joshua was crazy, and thinking how in the world walking around for seven days was going to make the walls just come crashing down?!? She goes on to point out that the Israelites were probably even being made fun of by the people of Jericho. Still, they marched on.


Cindy says, "I bet some of you have been marching for a while. Those seven days seem to feel like seventy years to you. Your legs are numb yet they keep moving. Your neck and shoulders are carrying more weight than they were intended to carry but you press on. You and I were placed on this earth to bring our Heavenly Daddy glory! And lots of it. Your tumultuous circumstances may be the very catalyst that helps someone see Jesus. I really only have one thing left to say to you. MARCH ON. AND ONE DAY, YOUR WALLS WILL FALL, TOO.


I know that I grow tired sometimes from the trials in my life. They seem like they will never end. My husband lost his job February 2011 and was unemployed for 4 months. He was able to find another job but took a significant paycut. We have struggled and had to give up a lot. But I know without the grace of God I would not be sitting here now telling you to keep marching on. I think of how I have been faithful to God and wonder why he hasn't rescued me from the storm yet. I encourage you to read Galations 6:9! This will be on the forefront of my mind and heart today. I love that the Lord reminds me of His love and grace through my quiet times with Him each day. Read this verse, write it down, say it out loud, meditate on it, memorize it.


I challenge you to join me in these studies. Even if you just start today, I promise you will not be disappointed in what the Lord wants to reveal to you through His Word. Once we finish this plan I know there will be another and isn't it great to know that there are women all over the country reading the same promises as you?


Have a blessed weekend!
SheReadsTruth

No comments:

Post a Comment